It was the 19th of February, probably hours after I officially turned 2-0. The night before, I gave the ones I was close to a really difficult time, maybe because I was expecting something, something to spark off my special day. But I sat at home all day, minding my own business and the only person that responded to my calls, were nacho and adik(my cats). I even thought it was my worst birthday ever. Because everybody was too busy for me. Time and time again, you tried to calm me down but I was too blinded by emotions that I didn't care about how you felt when I was throwing them at you. You just took it all in and said, "I'll make it up to you tomorrow."
So when that afternoon came, I arrived in a dress my younger sister bought for my birthday. Little did I kno that my bestfriends were already anxiously waiting to surprise me. And you guys got me alright. It was so good to see how you guys managed to put everything behind and planned that day for me. Although it was nothing much, but I appreciated it, every single bit of it. With all of my heart, I do.
This month, marks a year of being together with you, I am sincerely sorry to say, that's 10 months more than how long I had predicted it to be. It has been scary. I realized my fears, what has been stopping me back and what has keep me going. I realized how easily I wanted to give up on us, because I grew up believing in one thing that stays very close to me, karma. And my weak heart cried to give up and let it go. But how you struggled through everything just to make me fight on and stay, what you spoke about word to word, your every tear, is what that has kept me going.
So as of now, I would want to forget about the little big things we fought about, the little big things we were upset about, the little big things I may have cried for, the tiniest huge things I whined about. For everyday, is a new day.
Don't let me down.